If you are an international paramedicine practitioner or if you practice in another Canadian province and have successfully completed a PCP or ACP education program outside of Alberta, you may be eligible to apply for registration with the Alberta College of Paramedics. Examples of who should proceed with a substantial equivalency review are applicants who:
- Have practiced or are practicing in NT, YT or NU
- Applicants who have completed their education in Ontario and are applying for PCP or ACP registration with the College are required to have either successfully completed the COPR national exam at the requested designation or provide validation of employment within the Base Hospital system. Practice conditions may be added to their permit/registration based upon the education and competency review conducted by the College upon application.
- EMR education in Ontario is not transferable to Alberta for registration purposes. College approved EMR programs in Alberta are listed on our website here.
- Completed PCP or ACP education in another province but are not regulated at that level
- Have not completed approved education, but are approved by the Registrar or Registration Committee