Under the Health Professions Act, regulated members are required to renew their practice permit every year.
To complete your renewal, you must submit your application and payment, and comply with any outstanding Continuing Competence requirements by September 30, 2021 by 4 pm.
What you need to know about this year’s renewal:
- The fees for 2021/2022 have decreased to $510.
- Members who paid the PAC fee for last year will also have a one-time $15 credit applied to renewal, making this year’s fee $495.
- You must meet all Continuing Competence (CC) requirements and update your CC record before you can access the renewal application.
- You must complete your application and payment on or before September 30, 2021 at 4 pm.
- You should update your professional liability insurance expiry details.
- Your practice permit will be effective October 1, 2021 – September 30, 2022.
What you need to do to renew:
- Sign into the Member Portal
- Make sure you have met the Continuing Competence requirement (If you do not meet the CC requirement, you won’t be able to access the renewal form)
- Click on applications at the top of the screen and choose Practice Permit Renewal 2021/2022 (it will be near the bottom of the list)
- Answer the questions in the Practice Permit Renewal form
- Complete payment by credit card (Visa, Visa Debit or MasterCard) or click pay in office*
- Click submit
(*Note: In office payments can be made by debit, certified cheques/money orders. All in office payments must be received or made before 4 pm September 30 to avoid late fees.)
The Continuing Competence (CC) requirement for this year is stated in the member portal under the Continuing Competence tab in your profile.
Make sure your expiry date on your profile for your professional liability insurance is up to date. We do not get details about your policy from your provider, so it is up to you to make sure your policy details are updated.
If you need help:
Telephone: 780-449-3114 or toll free at 1-877-351-2267