Thank you to all regulated members who provided feedback through the 2023 Member Survey. The biennial member survey structure was implemented in 2017; making the 2023 survey the fourth time the College has successfully delivered this type of feedback mechanism for regulated members.
All active, regulated members of the College were invited to participate in the survey that opened March 6 and closed at 12 am March 31. We are very pleased to report that of the 20% of members who participated, they provided more than 4,300 open-ended comments to the qualitative questions.
Moving forward we will use this information to improve our plans and activities to reflect regulated member’s input.
We are working to compile all of the information and to categorize the comments received throughout the survey. This will take a bit of time, but a summary report of findings will be published in an upcoming issue of The Pulse. In the meantime, here is some preliminary information from the quantitative questions.
Of those who responded:
- 15.99% are EMR; 42.81% are PCP and 41.20% are ACP
- 54.16% found renewal easy or very easy; 35.39% neither easy nor difficult and only 10.45% difficult or very difficult
- 75.25% indicated they did not have any difficulties meeting the CC requirements and 24.75% did have difficulties
- 48.67% have read the Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics within the last year
- 76.04% said they feel they are adequately informed of the College’s regulatory processes
- Of the areas members indicated they were not informed, 69.85% said Continuing Competence and 63.88% also indicated Conduct/the complaints process
- 61.39% feel the College provides enough information, 24.81% said they were unsure and 13.79% said they felt the College should communicate more
- 55.56% said the information on both College websites is easy to read/understand; 34.23% were neutral; and 10.21% did not find the information easy to read/understand
- 46.22% were satisfied or very satisfied with the new member portal; 42.51% were neutral; 11.27% were dissatisfied or very dissatisfied
- Of the respondents that were in contact with the College in the last 12 months, 78.86% found the level of service good or excellent; 13.74% found the level of service fair; and 7.4% found it poor or very poor
- 42.48% said their overall impression of the College is favourable or very favourable, 39.36% said neither favourable nor unfavourable and 18.16% said unfavourable or very unfavourable
Thank you again for helping the College improve its services to its regulated members. If you have any questions about the survey, please contact communications@ABparamedics.com.