All regulated healthcare providers in Alberta are required to renew their practice permit once a year. The College conducts renewal from August 1 to September 30 each year.
Practitioners are required to complete a renewal application, pay their yearly fees/dues and ensure all documentation (including proof of professional liability insurance) is up to date.
Members are alerted when the membership renewal period opens and complete the process entirely online in the member portal.
If you require any assistance with the renewal process contact the Regulatory Services department.
2019/2020 Renewal is Now Open
To complete your renewal, you must submit your application and payment, and comply with any outstanding Continuing Competence requirements by September 30, 2019 by 4 pm.
What you need to know about this year’s renewal:
- There is no increase to renewal fees for 2019.
- You must meet all Continuing Competence (CC) requirements and update your CC record before you can access the renewal application.
- You must complete your application and payment on or before September 30, 2019 at 4 pm.
- You should update your professional liability insurance expiry details.
- Your practice permit will be effective October 1, 2019 – September 30, 2020.
What you need to do to renew:
- Sign into the Member Portal
- Make sure you have met the Continuing Competence requirement (If you do not meet the CC requirement, you won’t be able to access the renewal form)
- Click on applications at the top of the screen and choose Practice Permit Renewal 2019/2020 (it will be near the bottom of the list)
- Answer the questions in the Practice Permit Renewal form
- Complete payment by credit card (Visa or MasterCard) or click pay in office*
- Click submit
*Note: If you plan to send in your payment or complete payment in office, you’ll need to do so on or before September 30 by 4 pm. Certified cheques/money orders must be received by the College before the deadline to avoid late fees.
Continuing Competence: The Continuing Competence (CC) requirement for this year is the online course: Professional Responsibilities for Paramedicine, offered by MacEwan University. You must meet this mandatory competency to renew for 2019. If you have not yet registered for this course, you must do so no later than August 31 to be able to complete it in September before the renewal deadline.
If you are not registered in the course by August 31, you will not be able to complete it in time to meet the renewal deadline and your permit will be suspended on October 1.
Liability Insurance: Make sure your expiry date on your profile for your professional liability insurance is up to date. We do not get details about your policy from your provider, so it is up to you to make sure your policy details are updated.
If you need help: If you prefer to complete your renewal in the office, there will be computers available and staff to assist you. We’re here to help.
Contact us: Telephone: 780-410-4146 or toll free at 1-877-351-2267 Email: email@example.com.