Last month, we were pleased to announce the progress that has been made with transitioning to the new member portal. The anticipated timeline was an estimated transition period from January 21 to January 30, with the first stage of the new member portal launching on February 1. To ensure the best possible transition and overall experience using the new portal, the College has delayed the transition by a few weeks. We are working to make sure that once launched the new member portal provides you with the ability to access your registration information, enter professional development activities, update your profile information and apply for registration without any issues.
Updated timeline of the transition:
- As of December 2, 2021 – the ability to enter completion of professional development activities is currently unavailable and will remain unavailable until March 7.
- February 11 – the College will no longer be accepting new applications until the new portal is launched.
- February 18 – applicants currently in the process of applying should ensure all requirements are completed to avoid having to resubmit requirements in the new member portal.
- February 21– the last day that updates can be made in the member portal. Please review your personal information and make sure any changes that need to be done are completed by this date.
- February 28 – Access to member portal will be limited to view only with ability to access your practice permit.
- March 7 – the first day when the new portal will be available for use.
Important updates that will be shared with you
Members can expect to receive the following updates over the coming weeks:
- Resource guide with FAQs about the new portal on the College website
- Confirmed date that the new member portal will go live and be available for use
- Instructions on how to log into the new system for the first time
The Verify a Member search
It was previously anticipated that during this transition period, the Verify a Member search tool on the College’s website would be offline for a period of time. However, we are happy to announce that we are no longer anticipating this outage and stakeholders should have access to the tool during the entire transition period.
We understand the inconvenience these delays may cause and we appreciate your understanding. As will all major projects, there might be future delays and we will continue to provide information as it is available. We appreciate your patience and if you have any questions or concerns, please email Communications@ABparamedics.com.