This form is for use by members of the public/patients to report complaints regarding regulated members of the Alberta College of Paramedics.
- Regulated members who are self-reporting, please use the self-reporting form.
- Employers, please use the employer complaint form.
- Do you have the name of the regulated member about whom you wish to submit a complaint?
To submit a complaint, you must tell us whom it is regarding. To find the name of a regulated member, the Patient Care Record (PCR) will contain the name of the member and details of the care provided. You may request the PCR from the Records Clerk at 403-955-9652.
Once you have their name, proceed with filling out the form below and submitting your complaint. You can include the PCR as part of your complaint.
- If you have complaints about more than one member, submit one complaint form per member.
- Complete the form(s) with as much detail as possible.
Note: As a regulatory college, there are some things we are not able to do, including:
- Negotiate, offer or provide financial compensation; or offer legal advice
- Help with concerns about a healthcare provider that is not a regulated emergency medical responder, primary care paramedic or advanced care paramedic in the province of Alberta
- Resolve complaints without contacting the regulated member
- When you submit your complaint, a copy will be emailed to you for your records and is your confirmation that it has been submitted to the College. (Keep for your records.)
- When your complaint reaches the Complaints & Conduct department, the Complaints Director will review the information.
- The Complaints & Conduct department will correspond with you via email and we contact you and/or the parties you have identified for additional information.
- The College will send a copy of your complaint, with your name, to the regulated member(s) for their response. (Your personal contact information will NOT be shared.)
- We may contact any individuals or organizations that have been named in your complaint if we believe they can provide additional details. These parties may also receive a copy of your complaint.
- Upon the completion of these steps, we will follow up with you.
- The complaints process can take several months, depending on the complexity and severity of your complaint.
- To ensure your complaint form has been submitted, please click the submit button at the bottom of the page.
The College communicates primarily by email, unless the legislation requires us to send you hard copies. Email allows us to process your complaint faster, but if you are unable to communicate by email, please contact us.