The College Council is accountable for the overall governance of the Alberta College of Paramedics, which includes:
- Setting the strategic direction for the College
- Developing and approving policy
- Ensuring the College meets all legislated and regulatory requirements
- Approving the College’s annual operational budget (and members’ fees)
- Ensuring the Chief Executive Officer provides leadership and efficiently conducts College business
Council operates according to rules, policies and direction set out in the Council Charter.
Council is made up of nine elected regulated members and three public members (who are appointed by government).