The Continuing Competence program is an opportunity for members to develop their professional practice in areas of personal interest and growth. The Competence Committee has developed a list of Continuing Education activities that fall into various themes that members might find personal interest in learning about. We will be sharing these monthly over the course of the rest of the year and all the activities shared will be approved CE activities that members can use towards their 30 CE credit requirement.
The following are CE activities that are focused on pediatric and geriatric medicine:
Advanced Gerontological Education
Canadian Paediatric Society
Cancer Care Ontario
FireEMS FIREEMS.ca Login
- Pediatric Assessment (3 credits)
- Pediatric Cardiac Arrest (3 credits)
- Pediatric Respiratory Emergencies (3 credits)
- Pediatric Sepsis (3 credits)
- Pediatric Submersion (3 credits)
- Prehospital Delivery (3 credits)
Heart & Stroke Foundation
Mental Health Commission of Canada
Mount Royal University
World Health Organization (WHO)
You can view the previous Continuing Competence articles:
As a regulated member, you can submit programs that you believe meet the requirements for CE activities and the Competence Committee will review the application and to determine eligibility.
The approval process looks at four areas of requirement:
- Inclusivity – the program needs to be available to all regulated members
- Content Applicability – Applicable to the ongoing professional development of regulated members of the College
- Anticipated Outcome – A learning objective of the activity is clearly identified
- Proof of Completion – Regulated members receive proof of completion from the CE provider
More information on CE activity requirements can be found here: Continuing Competence CE Requirements for Credit Approval
If the activity submitted fits the CE requirements, the Competence Committee will add it to the approved CE list. Continuing Education Approval Submission – Alberta College of Paramedics.
If you have any questions about Continuing Competence and the courses listed above, please contact CC@ABparamedics.com.