Resource Documents for Applicants

Before registering:

1.Download the registration tips and checklist for your applicant type. (To identify your applicant type, review the Applicant Types)
2.Determine the registration route you wish to pursue. The College has three registers:

General Register: The general register is for regulated members who have completed the registration exam and/or have met upgrading requirements; or have been registered through the labour mobility or substantial equivalency routes. These regulated members can provide care at their practice level without supervision.

Provisional Register: The provisional register is an optional register for applicants who have not yet passed the registration examination but wish to work under supervision until they have done so. Members on the provisional register must adhere to registration requirements, including completing renewal. The provisional register is generally used by paramedics who are changing designations and wish to practice at their new designation.

Courtesy Register: This is a limited-time register for applicants who need to practice in the province for up to six months. This is not an ongoing membership or practice permit, but is an option for those who are responding to an urgent healthcare need, e.g. COVID-19 Support.

How to decide what registration route to choose2021-07-09T13:42:47-06:00

It is up to the applicant on which register they would prefer, both have their own benefits. Click here for the comparison of applying straight to the General Register or going the Provisional Register route.

How to apply2021-07-08T16:16:07-06:00

Log into the member portal (If you don’t have a profile, create an account.)

Under the Application forms section, submit the registration application including the $100 application fee.

In accordance, with the College’s Registration Policies, professional practice in Alberta requires practitioners to be fluent and proficient in the English language. The College may require you to demonstrate your fluency and proficiency in English.

Note: Candidates are no longer required to have provisional registration prior to taking their approved registration exam. If you need to write a registration exam, you can access the intent to write form in the member portal under the Application forms section.

Go to Top