It is the professional obligation of every regulated member to self-report any breaches in their own conduct. Self-reporting is required as soon as the breach in conduct occurs, but is mandatory on each annual renewal. Types of conduct to self-report include:
- Decisions of unprofessional conduct by another college in Alberta or another jurisdiction.
- Decisions of unprofessional conduct by an organization in another jurisdiction.
- Finding of professional negligence.
- Charge of a criminal offence under the Criminal Code (Canada)
- Conviction of a criminal offence under the Criminal Code (Canada)
Self-reporting is required of the Code of Ethics for the paramedics profession in Alberta. By self-reporting, members understand they may be subject to investigation, suspension and/or other disciplinary measures under the Health Professions Act.
If you are a regulated member and need to self-report a breach in conduct, please fill out this Self-Reporting Form for Members.
Please note: general complaints about regulated members must be submitted through the Complaints section of this website.