The following courses and training modules cover a variety of topics which some members may find distressing. Mental health resources are available to members on the College website, here.
The Continuing Competence program is an opportunity for members to develop their professional practice in areas of personal interest and growth.
Below is a compiled list focusing on domestic violence, assault and abuse that can also be used towards continuing education credits.
- Assault Victim Care (3 credits)
- Domestic Violence (3 credits)
Crisis Prevention Institution
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (NCI) Instructor Virtual Renewal (24 credits)
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (NCI) one-day seminar (24 credits)
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (NCI) two-day seminar (48 credits)
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (NCI) refresher (12 credits)
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (NCI) Instructor (48 credits)
- Verbal Intervention Instructor (Virtual) (24 credits)
U Learn Online
- Bar Fight (9 credits)
- Child Abuse: EMS Professionals Role & Responsibilities (3 credits)
- Child Abuse: EMS Professional Roles and Responsibilities Advanced (3 credits)
You can view the previous Continuing Competence articles:
- Free and online
- Substance use disorders
- Mental health
- Pediatrics and geriatrics medicine
- Operational stress
- Last minute options
- Diversity and Inclusion in Healthcare
- Quality and safety
- Environmental Medicine
- Cardiac Events
If you have any questions about Continuing Competence, please contact CC@ABparamedics.com.